The purpose of this article is to illustrate the advantages of a feature of our API that developers sometimes underestimate. The CreateAccount API allows your clients to individually create their own Lionbridge profiles and enables them to independently submit their own translation projects. In the following some of the advantages of this function are presented:
- Clients can operate autonomously (no effort from other stakeholders)
- Clients can be granted translation credits for their individual profile
- Creation of clear boundaries on client & project level
- No issues or risks with security / content ownership of files
- Full scalability of integration benefits
For these and other reasons we do encourage our partners to integrate this function into their API solution. Omitting this function will eventually entail the need for you to handle translations on behalf of your clients. This will ultimately have an impact on work and effort on your side for submitting, managing, monitoring, distributing and accounting for clients’ translations and their respective files and leave the API solution limited in terms of quantitative utility.
If you have any questions or a need for further clarification, please feel free to submit a support ticket.